Close to Everything
|Wangaratta CBD||500 mtrs|
|Railway Station||300 mtrs|
|GOTAFE Campus||50 mtrs|
|Rutherglen Wine Region||30 mins|
|Milawa Wine Region||10 mins|
|Winton Motor Raceway||15 mins|
|Falls Creek||1hr 45 mins|
|Mt Hotham||1hr 45 mins|
Hermitage Motor Inn
7 Cusack Street
(cnr Mackay & Cusack Streets)
Wangaratta VIC 3677 [map]
(03) 5721 7444
Discover why people
|Quiet location, off the main street|
|Quality, well appointed accommodation|
|Clean, Clean, Clean ... Comfortable & Quiet!|
|Genuine AAA 3½ Star rated property|
|Book securely online|
|All rooms are non-smoking|
|All rooms have split system Heating and Cooling|
|Free WiFi Internet|
Glenrowan - Accommodation & Regional Attractions.
Glenrowan offers tourists with the opportunity to go back in time and experience life in the late 1800’s.
The town is most famous for Ned Kelly and his gang. The siege began on the 26th of June 1880 and ended on the 28th of June 1880. The siege resulted in the deaths of the Kelly Gang and the capture of Ned.
There are many old artefacts on display through out the township and information about the town’s history and it’s most famous outlaw can be found at the local museums.
Things to see & do while visiting the historical township of Glenrowan
- Kelly Gang Actual Site – tour of all the local Kelly Gang sites, including the site where Ned was captured.
- Glenrowan Siege Site Walk
- Statue of Ned Kelly, which is located in the centre of town.
- Ned Kelly’s Last Stand – Robotic animated theatre show re-enacting the siege and capture of Ned Kelly.
- Cobb & Co Museum
- Glenrowan Blacksmith & Armoury
- Kate’s Cottage Gift & Souvenirs – Homestead & Museum.
- Billy Tea Rooms – Old fashioned home cooked food & local produce.
- Glenrowan Bakery - is a must when visiting the town. Great food & Friendly Service.
- Glenrowan Pub – offers great meals at affordable prices.
- Cath’s Cafe – Good home style cooking along with souvenirs & local produce.
- Baileys of Glenrowan
- Morrisons of Glenrowan
- Buffalo Mountain Wines
- Auldstone Cellars
- Booths Taminick Cellars
- Black Dog Brewery (located @ Booths Taminick Cellars)
- Smith’s of Glenrowan – Cherry & Fruit Orchids. Local jams & preserves can be purchased @ Cath’s Cafe located in the centre of town.
Like to visit Glenrowan, stay at Wangaratta's quietest accommodation the Hermitage Motor Inn located just 10 minutes away.